And that isn't the only thing that your trade association does for you. Some other things you may or may not have thought of:
- Education: Seminars, clinics, management conferences, finishing courses and other meetings are held where interest indicates enough members will support them.
- Publications: For example, SEFA publishes monthly issues of "The Reclaimer" newsletter. This is the main contact with members and brings current information such as news, technical articles, special features, advertisements, personal notes and a calendar of events. SEFA members are invited to run a classified ad at no charge. As a member of SEFA, you will also receive all IFI Publications.
- Convention: Another example, on even-numbered years the Southern Drycleaners Show is held. National speakers are on hand to bring members up to date on the latest technical information. The show also includes the largest exhibits in the South East where manufacturers and suppliers are on hand. They demonstrate the newest equipment in the industry and answer questions on many subjects relating to dry cleaning.
- Referrals: The association can put members into contact with special services such as accountants, consultants, environmental attorneys, etc.
- Common Bond: Perhaps one of the most important advantages of being a trade association member is the common bond that all members have - that of a professional. We can learn from each other and help each other by utilizing the resources available through a common bond - your trade association.