A cartridge filter should have the following design considerations in order to be a premium filter!
- A good sturdy design, using a good quality, corrosion resistant, galvanized metal.
- Filters are heavy when changing (the combination of dirt and retained solvent can add as much as 15 lbs to the weight of a spent filter), a sturdy handle that will not come off is important to provide for easy handling and preventing the chance of injury.
- Designed to prevent soil bypass, redeposition and carbon leakage.
- Premium grade dry cleaning grade activated carbon, filled to the brim so there can be no bypassing the carbon.
- In carbon core and adsorptive cartridges, look for a filter that provides for more effective paper life by preventing paper pleats from collapsing and assures that the entire amount of the paper filter is usable.
A premium dry cleaning cartridge filter will definitely last longer. A very conservative estimate would be 10% longer (depending on the degrees of garment soiling, I would estimate 15%-20% longer life is more accurate). So if the filter lasts 10% longer what do we save?
- 10% less cartridges to buy.
- 10% less solvent loss at disposal (a huge savings considering solvent is as high as $40 per gallon in some areas that I cover).
- 10% less in cartridge disposal fees (another big savings when you consider disposal cost is usually about equal to the price of purchasing the cartridge).
- 10% less labor hours needed to change cartridge filters.
|Puritan Cartridge Filters|
Don't Go Cheap When Buying Your Cartridge Filters!!